What are You Doing Right Now?Debbie: Got stuck at chapter 12 and taking a break to do something else.
Jennifer: Two chapters away from completing the first draft.
Wendy: Finished her first draft!!!! Yeah Wendy!
Cherrie: Finished her first draft early in the month and is letting is age in a draw this month. She is trying to learn how to write short stories before revising it.
What are You Reading?:
- Reading multiple Mysteries to her mother.
- Started Cuckoo Calling (J. K. Rowling under pen name Robert Galbraith)
- Said Cuckoo was just so-so,
- We're All Damaged by Matthew Norman--very good with excellent POV and Voice.
- A novel about a plantation owner who adopts a slave girl. ?? The Kitchen House??
- Both novels were worth reading according to Mary
- She is also reading some YA adventure stories.
- Last month she read Career of Evil by J. K. Rowling as Robert Galbraith which she thought was pretty good.
- In the Attic by Gary Rogers?? (Sorry I couldn't find a link to it.)
- Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell which she thinks is fantastic and everyone should read.
- Midpoint by Mary Lynn Mercer--Good solid information if delivered a bit hokey.
- Discovering Your Personality Type--Enneagram Questionaire by Don Richard Riso--Thought I might do something interesting with this to generate characters.
- Darker Side of Magic by V. E Schwab--Which was just a fun fantasy romp.
- Blueprint Your Bestseller by Stuart Horowitz--Excellent. Very thought provoking and original way of looking at structure. Well worth the time to read.
- Also starting the next book in the series, Book Architecture.
- Continuing with Mary Lynn Mercer's series as well with Story Bones.
- For fun she is reading The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins--Very well written and a page turner but very dark as well. Violence and sexuality.
Many of us are taking Web Courses as well and here is a listing of some places you can go for
High Quality Webinars:
Coursera--Audit any course for FREE!
Writing a Novel they can't Put Down by James Scott Bell
The Next Level Novel Workshop by James Scott Bell
Finish review of Grapes of Wrath.
Try to find enough people to analyze Game of Thrones.
Get Zee Nickerson, the developmental coach, to come to the next meeting.
Contact other developmental coaches to come to the meeting.